Habanos produces 8 regular production robustos (factory name). They are:
- Bolívar Royal Coronas
- Cohiba Robusto
- Hoyo de Monterrey Épicure No.2
- Juan López Selection No.2
- Montecristo Master (not a review of a 2010 stick, but close enough)
- Partagas Serie D No. 4 (not a review of a 2010 stick, but close enough)
- Ramón Allones Specially Selected
- Romeo y Julieta Short Churchills
I’ve been fortunate enough to smoke 6 out of 8 of these in good quantities this year, all from 2010 boxes. The only ones i haven’t tasted from 2010 are the Bolivar Royal Coronas and the Montecristo Masters.
For my money, the best of the 8 has to be the Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2. A great, meaty yet balanced, cigar with a ton of flavour, aromas. Perfect construction, consistent from box to box stick to stick. It was close though. The HDM Epicure No. 2 was not far behind; where the JL2 is meaty and powerful in its flavours, the Epi2 is far more refined, tingling and teasing. Depending on the occasion either cigar would do well to hold your attention.
But for my money, the Juan Lopez takes the cake. Here’s a toast to My Cigar Blog’s Best Robusto of 2010, the Seleccion No. 2!